J. Michael Cavosie
Fax: (317) 663-2872
Mike is licensed to practice law in both Indiana and Illinois. He has many years of experience representing construction industry owners, design professionals, contractors, subcontractors, and material suppliers in dispute resolution and claim defense or prosecution. Mike is able to offer his construction clients a broad range of services—from simple collections to complicated delay cases.
In addition, Mike has extensive experience representing clients in labor and employment matters such as union salting efforts, defending unfair labor practice charges, drafting employee handbooks, and defending clients against discrimination charges before the EEOC and in federal court.
Mike graduated magna cum laude from Indiana University School of Law – Bloomington, in 1992. He was the Senior Managing Editor for the Indiana Law Journal and was awarded membership into the Order of the Coif, an honorary legal scholastic society whose membership is limited to the top 10 percent of each graduating class. Mike is a 1977 cum laude graduate of Butler University, which he attended on academic and debate scholarships.
- ABA Forum on Construction Law
- Indiana State Bar Association – Construction and Surety Law Sections
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana Construction Association
- The Associated General Contractors of America
- Butler University, cum laude 1977
- Indiana University School of Law – Bloomington, magna cum laude 1992