George is a partner with the firm and is licensed in Indiana and Ohio. He has over 35 years of experience handling a wide variety of complex real estate matters.
George began his career at Bose McKinney & Evans in Indianapolis, and his real estate background also includes serving as senior associate at Trott & Hedrick Co. L.P.A. in Dayton, Ohio and as senior real estate counsel for Metromedia Group in Dallas. He was later a shareholder in the Indianapolis firm of Leeuw & Doyle, P.C., where he handled financing, leasing, franchising, transactional and real estate development matters. George also practiced at Ice Miller in the areas of real estate development, financing and leasing. Prior to joining Easter & Cavosie, George was Vice President, Legal, at Duke Realty Corporation where he was responsible for national build-to-suit projects, retail development and leasing, and industrial leasing.
George has served on the board of directors of Waycross Camp and Conference Center, where he served as vice president, and has served on the vestry of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Indianapolis. He also served as a member of the board of directors and secretary of the Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic and as a member of the Zionsville Board of Parks and Recreation, where he was board president.
George has two grown children and resides in Pendleton.
Real Estate Experience
George has considerable experience in myriad facets of real estate development, ownership and management, including assisting clients in real estate acquisition, disposition, leasing and financing matters.
George’s real estate practice includes drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, development agreements, joint venture agreements and leases for office, industrial, multi-family, retail and mixed-use projects. He has also represented both owners and municipalities in structuring public-private partnership transactions.
- In 2019, George represented a developer in a redevelopment mixed-use project in Jasper, Indiana, including providing declaration documents for the various retail, office and residential components of the project, drafting and negotiating leases for retail space, and drafting and negotiating a ground lease with a hotel developer/operator.
- In 2018, George represented a group of investors acquiring the Angie’s List campus in Indianapolis and continues to represent the owner in leasing, disposition and re-development of the property.
- In 2017, George represented a developer in connection with the development, financing and leasing of KAR Auction Services headquarters located in Carmel, Indiana.
- In 2014, George represented an owner in a public-private partnership with the Town of Fishers, Indiana for the development of a large construction company’s headquarters.
- In 2014, George represented the Town of Fishers in a public-private partnership for a multi-family, retail and office mixed-use facility.
- In 2014, George represented a developer of a mixed-use development in downtown Indianapolis in connection with the ground leasing and development of a YMCA and adjoining medical facility.
- Since 2012, George has represented an Indianapolis-based developer of multi-family and self-storage projects, including providing opinions to borrower’s counsel for projects in Indiana and Ohio.
- Since 2011, George has represented a developer in development and leasing matters for industrial warehouse and distribution projects for FedEx, American Tire Distributors and other end users.
- As in-house counsel to a large publicly-traded REIT, George handled all aspects of:
- The development and leasing for $100-million headquarters for HealthNow, the parent company of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York on an environmental-challenged site in Buffalo, New York, using state environmental tax credits to fund a large portion of the construction costs.
- Anson, a 1500-acre mixed-use live/work project in Whitestown, Indiana, including development, sales and leasing for retail, hospitality, multi-family and residential components.
- The acquisition of a $194-million portfolio of industrial buildings in Savannah, Georgia.
- American Bar Association Real Estate Section’s Standard Commercial Loan Documents
- Commercial Real Estate Newsletter
- Construction Law Subcommittees
- Waycross Camp and Conference Center
- Paul’s Episcopal Church, Indianapolis
- Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic
- the Zionsville Board of Parks and Recreation
- Ball State University, summa cum laude
- Indiana University School of Law – Bloomington, cum laude 1984